Carrying out research and studies, such as policy analysis and evaluations.
The IPC-IG has undertaken several collaborative research projects, following requests from governments and development partners. As main outputs, research reports and publications were produced, consolidating knowledge on social policies. Among other services, the Centre is well known for undertaking policy mappings, policy analysis and design, and M&E of social policies.
- Systematic programme inventories
Policy analysis and design
- Poverty and needs assessments
- Systematic reviews on best policy practices
- Fiscal capacity studies
- Assessment of programmes, policies, and legal and institutional frameworks
- Technical advice in the design of social protection systems, including management information systems
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E)
- Impact and process evaluations of social policies and programmes
- Targeting assessments
- Design of M&E methodologies and systems